Thursday, January 03, 2008

2007 Upper Deck SP Legendary Cuts

Alright, here it is. The undies are fresh, clean, and dry, and that means it's time to open the pack.

Let's tear in.

Top to Bottom:
34 Hal Newhouser
63 Rollie Fingers

WG-RJ When it Was a Game Reggie Jackson Game-Used Jersey

76 Ozzie Smith
27 Johnny Vander Meer

Well, it didn't quite live up to my lofty expectations. My favorite card is actually the Vander Meer. When I was little I had some sort of book that was filled with amazing sports stories. Johnny Vander Meer's back-to-back no hitters amazed me, simply amazed me. Of course, this was probably around the time Juan Nieves no-hit the Orioles in a game that ended with Robin Yount's diving catch, so to think that he could do that twice in a row blew my mind.

I guess it's a lesson learned. Guaranteed memorabilia or AUTO packs are not always the best deal. Plus, it's more satisfying when the odds are against you and you pull something big. See for yourself.

5 comments:

Voltaire said...

I dunno. What were you expecting? That looks like a pretty sweet pack to me.

Russ said...

It's better than one of those Auto/Game-Used blisters at Target where you get 2 packs of 2004 Topps and a swatch of jersey worn by LaTroy Hawkins.

Chris Harris said...

"I told those fucks down at A Pack A Day a thousand times that I don't open packs on Shabbos!"

"What's Shabbos?"

"Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit DON'T FUCKING OPEN PACKS! Shomer shabbos!"

"Walter..."

"Shomer fucking shabbos."

"Oh fuck it. "

Anonymous said...

"Shut the fuck up, Donnie."

dayf said...

"There's just one thing, Dude."

"And what's that?"

"Do you have to use so many cuss words?"

"What the fuck you talking about?"

"Okay, Dude. Have it your way. "