Thursday, August 07, 2008

$19.97 Walmart Variety Pack Part 3

I was looking at the up coming packs from my variety pack and I felt I needed a double post. The 2005 Donruss Diamond Kings deserve their own post, but I wouldn't even bother posting unless I had a whole box of the next pack, 2003 Upper Deck Victory. The Diamond Kings have a timelessness to them. As for the Victory, they remind me way too much of the UD Collectors Choice You Make the Play. They even have the same rounded corners. As for the poo-poo platter, the contents were

61 Nick Johnson
19 Nomar Garciaparra
71 Jim Thome
50 Jose Vidro
144 Pedro Martinez Clutch Player
41 Shawn Green

And now for tonight's main event

230 Michael Young
171 Jim Thome
88 Vinny Castilla
257 Scott Proctor (Red Frame)
152 Derek Jeter
227 Scott Kazmir

Of all the cards in the Diamond Kings set, I had to get Scott Proctor. The main reason I made posted two packs was so I could open the 1991 Topps jumbo pack next. I know I have been lacking images of my cards, so I will break out the digital camera for the extraordinary event.

No comments: