Saturday, August 09, 2008

2007 Topps Turkey Red


Here's something we haven't seen before. Oh, wait, we have. You can see previous posts on this set here, here, here, here and here. Oh, and don't forget here... or here. My girlfriend first introduced me to Turkey Red cards with the 2005 set. I thought they were pretty nice and enjoyed the occasional selection of retired stars/HOFers and colored parallels. The 2007 set came out nearly a year ago and I have been buying a loose pack or two whenever I see them. This set no longer features any past greats, save for the Multiple Mantle Madness (MMM) and the cards for some reason always come out of the pack rather concave shaped (or is that convex?) They finally seem to be disappearing from retail stores, so I ended up successfully searching for a good deal for a blaster on eBay. I'll talk about the first pack here, and eventually will post the rest of the box on my blog.

144 - Jermaine Dye
5 - Cole Hamels


178 - Magglio Ordonez (Magglio pretty much ate up all of 2007 and spit it out in the form of hits and runs.)


21 - Adam Dunn (the 4th grader inside of me always screams "Adam DUMB" upon seeing him)
158 - Jeff Kent


59 - Carlos Beltran Chrome (120/1999) (a shiny Beltr0n)
132 - Jamie Vermilyea RC (I have no idea who this is)
3 - Matt Cain

Will there be a 2008 set? I have no idea and I haven't heard anything. My google search came up fruitless. I depend on you blogging folk to bring me the news.

No comments: